Meeting minutes for 2019/04/19:
20190419 - Friday @ 11am PDT
- Jason DeTiberus, Vince Prignano, Tim St. Clair, Loc Nguyen, Harish Udaiya Kumar, Chuck Ha, David vonThenen, Sidharth Surana - VMware
- Marko Mudrinić - Loodse
- Justin SB, John Belamaric - Google
- Danny Berger, Leah Hanson, Shatarupa Nandi - Pivotal
- Hardik Dodiya - SAP
- Daniel Lipovetsky - Platform9
- What is a node lifecycle behavior/operations
- Instance Creation and Configuration
- Call to a provider to give me an instance.
- Optional: Install some software
- Optional: Ability to inject configuration
- Conversion to a Node
- Join the cluster
- Optional: Inject node config/policies such as taints, certs, etc.
- Update / mutability (do we want to even allow mutability)
- We should discourage, but have an escape hatch?
- Node Certificate Management? (I think a portion of node-lifecycle cert management k/k, or in a different project)
- Reconf ~= Destroy + Create
- hibernate/sleep/suspend? (Punt/re-eval l8r due to complexity)
- Should it be the same node or a different node?
- Does k8s even support this behavior?
- Cloud also effect control plane (quorum)
- There are use cases here, but willful punt on this for now.
- Do we want things like disruption budgets on machines/machine-sets?
- In k/k we baked defaults into controllers
- Strategy (-f/ -graceful)
- Mark for destroy ~= cordon+drain
- Timeout (configure ~5 minutes)
- Fill it with fire