This week is Kubecon Virtual week! Don’t forget to check out the maintainer track, including sessions from SIGs Architecture, Scheduling, Service Catalog, CLI, Scalability, Instrumentation, and more. If you’re looking to get involved in a new SIG, this is an excellent week to do so.
Desipte that, the August Community Meeting is still happening this Thursday, with annual reports from SIGs Autoscaling, Scheduling, Scalability, and the new Naming WG. This meeting will include an Open Discussion at the end of each presentation, but it helps if you submit topics to the agenda first.
We are still accepting nominations for the 2020 Steering election. Also check that you are properly listed in voters.md so that you can vote.
SIG Cluster Lifecycle would like you to fill out a survey about how you use Kubernetes.
Next Deadline: Release August 25
The most recently posted plan is for 1.19 to release on August 25th; contact the the Release Team for more up-to-date information. Go 1.15 has been released, so that is no longer a blocker.
- Make etcd list requests consistent
- Ingress validation works with wildcard hosts, and validates secretName
- Keep track of pods in the scheduler when nodes are deleted and recreated
- EndpointSlice controller returns immediately on error
- Requeue a service when its Endpoint is deleted
- 1.16, 1.17, and 1.18 to Go v1.13.15, and 1.19 to Go v1.15.0
- Update Debian Base Images for 1.16, 1.17, 1.18, 1.19; in the future, we’ll update our distroless images instead
- json-patch to v4.8.0 in all Kube versions
Original Source: http://lwkd.info/2020/20200817