1.19 has been released! With this release, the patch support window is extended to one year, you get ephemeral volumes, GA Ingress and Seccomp, and structured logging.
The Steering Committee Election is in progress. You have until September 8th to nominate candidates, and to make sure that you are represented in voters.md if you should be eligible to vote, and that the project has your email address. Ten candidates have been nominated so far.
Give the new, all-golang, OSS, beta Testgrid a try! Just append
grid=beta when you look at your test results.
Next Deadline: Cherry-pick for 1.19.1, Sept. 4
1.19 has been released, which means that the first bugfix release isn’t far behind. Get your fixes in by this Friday.
If you want to be on the 1.20 Release Team, apply to become a shadow
1.16.15, the last update of 1.16, was released on Sept. 2. If you’re using 1.16, time to look at upgrading to 1.17 or 1.18.
This adds a new
notest build flag to remove gofuzz and enables that for release builds. If you have test-only dependencies, consider using the same style of conditional compilation to keep our binaries smaller.
Performance is always a tricky thing to balance, but this PR is a great example of using more advanced techniques for a very real speedup. 10 nanoseconds per broadcast adds up fast!
v1alpha1 endpoint in the Kubelet has been deprecated since 1.18, and has now been removed. The newer
metrics/resources endpoint should be a relatively drop-in for most uses so be sure to update your metrics systems!
- Kubeadm uses the local API endpoint, ensures etcd manifest upgrade, and won’t unmount
- Reflector recovers from requesting invalid resource version numbers from the API
kubectl get ingressuses the v1 Ingress instead of beta
- our error messages don’t follow RFC 1123, so tell requestors
- fix legacy auth for Scheduler
- don’t hang pods forever if a CSI volume becomes unattachable in the middle of attaching
kubectl patchgets an option to use a patch file
- use correct verbs in apiserver metrics
- don’t create a StatefulSet that requires a PVC pending deletion
- add some bootstrapping roles so that admins can get access to metrics while the cluster is still starting up
- kubelet endpoint
- you can’t pull
ci/k8s-masterlabel for install in kubeadm anymore; use
Original Source: http://lwkd.info/2020/20200902