Davanum Srinivas has proposed removing golint verification because of the amount of overhead for contributors & reviewers.
kube-state-metrics project is looking for new maintainers and contributors, if you are interested in contributing please reach out to brancz (Frederic Branczyk) or lili (Lili Cosic) on Kubernetes slack. They have a few help wanted issues as well
PodUtils for Kubernetes testing have been updated to support all metrics, which means that you should use them for your tests in the future. Test-infra has also created an Overview screen in TestGrid.
SIG-ContribEx chair Jorge Castro is stepping down, likely to be replaced by Alison Dowdney. Thank you to Jorge for being a true pillar of our community!
There will be no January Community Meeting, because of an error with the Kubernetes public calendar. See you in February!
Next Deadline: Enhancements Freeze, Feb. 9
Please work on those enhancement proposals/KEPs.
Next patch release set will be Feb. 17th.
As part of the Google Season of Docs for 2020, we have a massive revamp of the API documentation! The primary reference now matches our standard style and more accessible to search engines. The new system also allows things like custom short URLs for commonly linked pages, better display for map and slice fields, and better documentation for API-adjacent types like TypeMeta and ObjectMeta. You can check out more information about the whole project on the Kubernetes blog.
While still under discussion, this KEP could use eyeballs from more corners of the Kubernetes community. The overall proposal is to create an IDL for Kubernetes types that can be compiled down to code for each language as well as CustomResourceDefinitions, allow depending on API types between projects without needing to align all dependencies, and generally making it easier to build high-quality Kubernetes types without needing 4 years of backstory in our Go, JSON, and Protobufs libraries. Check it out!
- Structured log migration tally: audit policy, APIserver endpoints, Windows proxy
- No more panic in the Kubelet
- Delete static pods cleanly
- Make inter-pod affinity affect scheduling more by broadening the score range
kubectl describewill now indent two spaces for Resources, and
- Sort ReplicaSets by revision, not timestamp during cleanup
- Wanna disable volume stats? Set
- Fix race condition in shutting down EventRecorders, by having them use select instead of spawning new goroutines
- API ExportOptions, deprecated a year ago, are removed and queries that include them will get a 400
kubectl debugis GA,
kubectl alpha debugis going away, incidentally removing the last alpha command, meaning it’s time for you to develop a new kubectl command
- Support for Windows containers under Hyper-V with Docker has been removed as it never got beyond an experimental stage
Original Source: Week Ending January 24, 2021 | Last Week in Kubernetes Development