Next Deadline: Shadow Selection, Jan 8th
Interested in being part of the 1.21 Release Team? The way in is through the apprenticeship program. Apply using the Shadow Form by this Friday.
Over the holidays, Release Engineering pushed update versions to correct a release tagging issue, including 1.20.1, 1.19.6, 1.18.14, and 1.17.16. If you installed the previous-numbered versions, there is no need for you to upgrade at this time, but if you are currently upgrading please use the latest minor versions.
Our only featured PR for this week, but it’s a doozey. SIG-Architecture has requested that all future KEPs get the approval of their Production Readiness subproject. This was merged under lazy consensus though overall it appears few were aware of the change, either at all or the scope. Concerns have been raised that this may create a process bottleneck given the size of the team, as well as potentially running counter to the distributed nature of Kubernetes governance. If you have opinions on this issue, please do weigh in on k-dev or the PR.
- Scheduler logs use structured logging
- Broken cadvisor machine metrics work again
- Azure file shares get deleted when their namespaces do
- Kubeadm folks find the one Kube user with more than 4GB of memory on a 32-bit machine, fix cert chain validation
- New Windows Pause Image
- Missing PVCs result in UnschedulableAndUnresolvable
- NFS forces unmount
- CSI Volumes now resolve “dangling attachments”, unlike a COVID-era social circle
- NetworkPolicy & CNI have a new validation test suite
kubeadm kubeconfig useris beta
- kubeadm removed deprecated command
--cleanup-ipvsflag is removed, subsumed into general
AttachVolumeLimitfeature gate removed since AVL is GA
Original Source: Week Ending January 3, 2021 | Last Week in Kubernetes Development