Kubernetes 1.19 will be built with Go 1.15, currently in release candidates. This will resolve some chronic stability issues we’ve encountered with Go 1.14.
The move of official Kubernetes container images from gcr.io/google-containers to gcr.io/k8s-artifacts-prod is complete; please make sure that any build services you’re part of are updated.
Code of Conduct Committee nominations are open.
Next Deadline: Cherry Pick Deadline and Test Freeze Aug. 6
1.19rc2 has been released, with container images at the new location. RC3 should come out tommorrow, built on Go 1.15rc1 so that you can test that out.
- Add a DisableAcceleratorUsageMetrics feature gate, as a warmup for the day when the kubelet doesn’t collect metrics from GPUs directly
- Make the TopologyManager pay attention to reusable CPUs
- Speed up the VolumeRestriction plugin
- Set cgroup max cpu.shares to system max, in order to run on machines with 512 cores
- Don’t panic on off-by-one container index
Original Source: http://lwkd.info/2020/20200727