You may also browse or subscribe to LWKD on its website.
Welcome to a special guest-editor edition of LWKD. Our usual
editor is currently fighting back the fearsome code-freeze demons so I’ll be
giving you a quick rundown of some of the changes from the last week (or so).
Instead of the usual format, this edition will focus on feature work for 1.11;
which features are in and which aren’t.
Next Milestone: June 11th, documentation complete
This week saw the arrival of code-freeze for 1.11 on June 5th, with many teams
working tirelessly to get things out before it, and as well see, lots of great
documentation updates in preparation for next week’s doc completion target. We
also got a 1.11.0-beta.2 release, the final beta release for this cycle.
If you haven’t taken a look lately, the release spreadsheet
is looking great, definitely going to be an exciting release!
On Track for 1.11
As we prepare for CoreDNS being the default DNS providers in 1.11, a lot of
documentation is getting tweaked and updated. The Kubeadm team
is tracking the state of all the different updates.
Similarly we have documentation for online volume resizing
as that moves into beta.
Another great push from the community that looks like it will get in just in time
is graduating IPVS load balancing up to Stable. A big round of congratulations to
everyone that helped get this feature out!
Similarly sysctl management is planned to move up to Beta, with a nice documentation update
in progress as part of that.
Some further refinements of the documentation for ScheduleDaemonSetPods
is up pending further review.
Dynamic volume limits support for EC2 EBS and GCE PD volumes was merged.
As mentioned before, sometimes code-freeze means delaying features and this
time around is no different. Hopefully most of these will land early in the 1.12
- 277: Debug Containers
- 551: taint node ‘shutdown’ condition
- 556: Add resizing support to CSI volumes
- 563: Add IPv4 / IPv6 dual-stack support
- 515: kubectl get and describe should work well with extensions
- 555: Server-side Apply
- 382: Taint node by Condition
- 543: Move Snapshot Support in-tree
- 562: Local storage dynamic provisioning
- 546: Allow end users to tweak maximum number of pids
- 491: kubectl diff
- 43: Kubelet TLS Bootstrap
- 558: GCE PD topology support
- 561: Topology aware dynamic provisioning
- 557: Kubernetes CSI topology support
- 117: Arbitrary / Custom Metrics in the Horizontal Pod Autoscaler
- 127: Support node-level user namespace remapping
- 351: Raw block device using persistent volume source
I want to draw a little extra notice to node-level user namespacing,
even though it has had to bump to the next release, check out the Pull Request.
It improved massively in the few days before code freeze, and could use a few