The 1.19 release schedule has been changed, see below.
The Github admin team asks folks not to rename the default branch for community repos until they can plan how to make that work with automation.
Kubecon Boston CfP has been extended to June 28th.
Next Deadline: Placeholder Doc PRs, June 19th
To celebrate this Juneteenth, the Docs team says you need to open an initial PR for your new feature docs. Maybe do it early so you free up your Friday for other things.
Patch releases for all versions (1.16, 1.17, 1.18) will be published this Thursday.
- IPv6 dual-stack becomes a thing on Windows
- Load balancers can be scheduled to unschedulable nodes, so change your settings in 1.19 if you don’t want them
- client-go can show server-side warnings
- Scheduler plugins can log cluster events
- Support floating IPv6 on Azure load balancers
- Default admission webhooks are now actually enabled
kubeadm joingets a retry loop
- No more off-by-one errors with AWS network interfaces
- Feature gate DefaultPodTopologySpread uses the PodTopologySpread plugin with a default config
- Clear nominatedNodeName if the node is deleted
- Change how we reset fields to sending empty lists/items
- CSI volume attachment starts using shared informers for scalability
- It’s time to migrate your in-tree vSphere volumes to the CSI driver
kubectl run --privileged
--target-ram-md, now nonfunctional, shuffles off
--experimental-allocatable-ignore-evictiondeprecated since it’s in the config file
Original Source: http://lwkd.info/2020/20200616