Last Week in Kubernetes Development: Week Ending March 8, 2020

Developer News

Kubecon EU has been postponed, so the Contributor Summit will be postponed with it. We will have an additional “virtual summit” at the end of March; details TBD (and help wanted. ask #sig-contribex).

The URI for canonical Kubernetes containers is moving from k8s.gcr.io to gcr.io/k8s-artifacts-prod on April 1, which will involve both testing changes and an image freeze. You also may need to create a staging repo for your images if you’re responsible for any.

Release may be ditching bazel; comment now. SIG-Cloud-Provder and Test-Infra are working on overhauling our E2E tests so that they work across multiple cloud providers. Assistance and comments wanted.

We’re also getting a Kubernetes Contributor Twitter feed. Tell us what it should be called.

Release Schedule

Next Deadline: Finish Your Docs, March 16

We are currently in Code Freeze, which lifts on March 17th. 1.18 beta 2 should be released today. If you’re not working on docs and passing tests this week, you should be.

Patch releases for all active branches (1.17.4, 1.16.8, and 1.15.11) are due out on Thursday March 12. v1.14 is EOL and no longer being patched, so please upgrade if you’re on it (looking at you, EKS, AKS, and GKE).

Other Merges

Promoted

Deprecated

Version Updates

Go has been updated on all active branches:

  • master: v1.13.8
  • v1.18, v1.17, v1.16: v1.13.8
  • v.1.5: v1.12.7

Also:

Original Source: http://lwkd.info/2020/20200310