Don’t forgt to register for the San Diego Contributor Summit.
The Kubernetes Community Meeting is changing formats and moving to a biweekly cadence in 2020.
The brand-new SIG-Usability has started having meetings and making plans. One thing they’re tackling for 1.17/1.18 is secure-by-default configuration. If you’re interested in usability and user experience, maybe join them.
Server-side apply is beta right now and WG Apply plans for more performance improvements in 1.17 before it goes GA. Unions and immutability are also WIP, but nobody is still working on server dry-run, so if you want that to be GA, maybe join WG Apply and lend a hand.
Next Deadline: 1.17.beta0 released Oct 29th and branch
We are almost in burndown, with Code Freeze coming November 14th. We’re branching, and testgrid will be dropping 1.13 and adding 1.17 jobs. And all enhancements have been merged, so if you have a new one … submit it for 1.18.
No patch releases planned this week.
- Pod labels may no longer be updated via pod/status updates
- API server certificates will get reloaded every minute to dynamically pick up content changes
- Add the
kubelet_preemptionsmetric to the kubelet, and
permit_wait_duration_secondsto the scheduler, and
apiserver_request_error_totalto the APIserver
- Make CSI’s detach timeout match the attach timeout
- Scheduler Framework: use component config to configure NodeLabel plugins
- Optimize affinity priorities by aggregating at the topology level instead of the node level
- The controller-manager and the scheduler now use EndpointLeases leader election
- Support local block mode reconstruction
- Stop the kubelet from barfing when it tries to report metrics in a non-English locale on Windows
- Cloud Provider Storage adds a filter condition as part of migrating cloud storage to plugins
- Don’t error if we ask to delete a pending namespace
x-kubernetes-map-typeis now a CRD annotation
- EndPointSlices get FQDNs, and display correctly in kubectl
- Don’t mount raw block volumes if the feature is turned off
- kube-scheduler falls back to the older Events mechanism if events.k8s.io isn’t available
- CSI RBAC roles
system:csi-external-provisionerare going away
- Remove four CheckNode conditions since they’ve been replaced by TaintNodeByCondition
Original Source: http://lwkd.info/2019/20191029