SIG-Release will be meeting 9/22 to discuss reopening full development by removing the 1.20 milestone restriction. If you have opinions on this, please attend.
The Steering Committee election is in progress, please vote. If you didn’t get your ballot, request a replacement. Also, we are planning to replace CIVS for Kubernetes elections in the future, and we have a CommunityBridge project about it, so encourage eligible interns to apply.
Next Deadline: Enhancements Freeze, October 6th
1.19.2,1.18.9, and 1.17.12 were released last Wednesday, with a host of bugfixes, primarily to EndpointSlice functionality and Azure support. Also v1.19 was upgraded to Go 1.15.2 to incorporate golang bugfixes.
A possibly breaking change if you were doing something very weird in a custom controller, the status and scale subresources will no longer accept changes to
metadata.managedFields. This will ensure that intentional manual changes must all flow through the main resource API.
A simple change, now
kubectl wait --for=delete will not exit with a failed exit code if the object doesn’t exit. This is mostly aimed at simplifying cleanup scripts that call several deletes and then wait for them all to complete. Previously if a delete finished quickly, that could throw things out of whack. Now it will do the expected thing even in that race condition case.
- The external podresources API is moving to make it more accessible, but this will require changing your apps
- Recreate EndpointSlices when recreating Services
- Stop volume plugins from contacting loopback to prevent Server Side Request Forgery
apiserver_request_duration_secondsto take request latency into account, with graphs!
- Preserving unknown fields for CRDs works with array types
- Keep Azure nodes from crashing due to files moving during CSI migration
- Allow proxying IPv6 pods without specified ports
- Kubeconfig server URLs get configurable, as do upload certs locations
etcd_object_countsby identifying the end of a key; we’ll see if this breaks anything
kubectl port forwardworks with TCP and UDP together, again
- kubectl can sort a empty list, and will sort top pods when several flags are used together
- ExternalPolicyForExternalIP is now on by default, and the feature gate will be removed in 1.22
- Kubemark supports a mix of hollow nodes and real ones in the same test cluster
- Ceph expansion works without ceph.conf
kubeadm upgrade node --kubelet-versionflag removed
kubadm alpha kubelet config enable-dynamicin 1.20
- go to 1.15.2 in 1.19 and 1.20
- debian-base to buster-1.2.0/1.3.0 for canonical images that still use Debian
Original Source: http://lwkd.info/2020/20200921