The 2019 Contributor Summit in San Diego will take place from November 17th-18th, just before KubeCon San Diego. Registration will open September 2nd, and the committee will be soliciting session proposals starting next week.
Next Deadline: Enhancements Freeze, July 30
Currently the Release Team is collecting Enhancements, so get those KEPs up to date.
Patch release 1.15.1 came out July 18th, so if you’ve been waiting for that, you can now upgrade to version 1.15.
This is the first of three PRs to add support for Ephemeral Containers, also known as “distroless containers” or “debug containers”. These allow attaching a temporary container to a running pod for troubleshooting purposes.
This feature was originally proposed by Lee Verberne in mid-2016, and that PR has been open for 16 months. Just in case you though your PR was taking forever to merge.
- The scheduler can track pod overhead for special pods (Kubevirt, etc.) (alpha)
- Scheduling framework gets two extension points for plugins: Binds and Filters
- Add API endpoints for the Even Pod Spread feature
- Node lease renewing interval is based on
- Windows gets support for RunAsUserName and reporting nano-cores
- cpumanager and topology manager error out on an invalid policy instead of silently reverting to default
- CSI NodeStageVolume gets pass-through flags
- NFS driver has metrics so that you can find out quantitatively just how bad your NFS infrastructure is
- HostPort and HostIP tests promoted to Conformance