OWNERs files now have an “emeritus approver” section. This is the spot for contributors who still know the codebase, but are no longer active as approvers. If you’re not active in a SIG or project anymore, consider moving to emeritus to make room for new approvers.
Next Deadline: 1.15 final release, due June 17th but postponed
Kubernetes 1.15 will probably be released by the time you read this. The original Monday release was postponed a day due to scalability issues we are awaiting resolution on.
1.16 Release Team shadow applications are open until Friday
These three niche in-tree cloud providers have been deprecated for several releases, and the time has finally come to remove them. In addition to removing rarely-used code, this also helps move us down the overall path of out-of-tree cloud providers, if only a very tiny bit.
A very minor patch but a great chance to brush up on the Kubernetes vulnerability reporting procedure. Taking advantage of the new GitHub security landing page feature helps make our processes more discoverable for security researchers and others not yet a part of our community. If you’ve got a SIG repo or similar, consider doing the same.
Am I featuring this PR just because I think CERN is awesome? Yes, yes I am. Check it out at https://kubernetes.io/case-studies/cern/, and see the cool science we are powering!
Since Code Thaw happened last Thursday, we have the first of the 1.16 PRs, as well as a few last-minute 1.15 fixes:
- take the next step in implementing the Scheduling Framework: the prefilter extension point
- Ingress 404 handlers share metrics with Prometheus
- Apparently Azure disk URIs are supposed to be case-insensitive, and IPVS is supposed to check uppercase protocol names
- cadvisor is collecting ProcessMetrics so we can scale up/down the PID pool
- kubeadm will retry ConfigMap failures until the team figures out why these errors are happening
- kubeadm certificate generation uses deterministic order
- vSphere allows SAML token delegation
- GCE’s default storageclass is resizable
- Already deprecated oVirt/CloudStack/Photon cloud providers were removed