Community Meeting Summary
Richard Theis presented for the new SIG IBM Cloud. To date, they’ve been busy spinning up the SIG, but now they’re starting to work on moving IBM cloud code out of IBM and onto Kubernetes Github. The IBM Cloud will use the Cloud Provider API.
Kubecon Seattle is sold out, so if you don’t have your pass already, oops.
Next Deadline: Doc PRs Ready for Review & Unapproved PRs Get Kicked Out November 19th
We are already in Code Freeze, so at this point the only PRs which should be approved are critical fixes for bugs and failing tests. Master will reopen on Nov. 28th. Release Themes for the release notes are also due November 21st.
Recruiting for the 1.14 release team has begun, so if you wanted to try out being a Release Shadow, now’s your chance.
The 1.12.3 patch release will go out Nov. 26th.
CSI is now 1.0! Kubernetes 1.13 will contain the official GA release of the CSI API for storage. After this, look to see all storage pushed out of tree to use CSI. Also, please note that there may be some backwards-incompatibilities with beta versions of CSI; at the least, update your driver version.
This lets users customize where their Kubernetes images come from on install, particularly to support Chinese users who can’t access GCR.
- DynamicAuditConfiguration lets you change audit settings on the fly, and you can tell the APIserver to reject unauditable requests
- The Kubelet now has a socket that serves gRPC data on what’s on that node
- Autoscale now supports StatefulSets
- Fix IPVS performance
- Panics now propagate all the way up the stack
- Handle stupid changes in Docker versioning
- Add log_file option for the Kubelet
- There’s a workqueue metric for stuck threads, and a node metric for container log size
- Keep CoreDNS from running on master-only nodes
- Kubeadm has an Addon config API now, and can generate CSRs
- Kubectl now displays pod readiness info
- You can disable healthchecks with the healthz endpoint
- Node-local dns caches have been added as an option
- Clean up how the APIServer handles encryption config
- Nodes can no longer delete themselves
- Kubeadm has deprecated the DynamicKubeletConfig gate and the AuditPolicyConfiguration gate
run-containeralias has been removed
Contributor Tip of the Week
The cs.k8s.io tool allows you to search all the code across multiple repositories using a regular expression.