Api sever logs

Hi there, i am trying to understand the internal communication in the cluster for example when creating a pod.
The verbose output of kubectl shows the http requests sent to the api-server, so i wanted to check what the api-server do, but the logs of the api-server are not showing anything related to the created pod.
I was hoping to find the logs of the communication with the etcd and scheduler for example.

Is there any logs for the communication between api-server and the control plane components ?

You can increase the verbosity of the api-server logs. It’s probably done via manifest file at /etc/kubernetes/manifests/kube-apiserver.yaml and restarting the kubelet, depending on your deployment method.

There’s some useful diagrams and information in this section of the documentation too:

Thanks @protosam! increasing he verbosity indeed showed more info, but didn’t show the requests sent by the api-server to the etcd. I already read this page in the documentation. I want though to check the requests sent from each of the control-plane to validate what’s written in the documentation. Probably till now the only way, is to dig down in to the source code.

In most cases the only thing that will be using etcd is Kubernetes. Perhaps modify the etcd flags.

If all else fails, you can always setup a proxy server in front of etcd to act as a man-in-the-middle to get the information you’re looking for.