Kubernetes version: 1.21.11-gke.1900
Cloud being used: (put bare-metal if not on a public cloud) GCP
CNI and version:
CRI and version:
I increased the capacity of my elasticsearch persistent volume claim(PVC) but was unable to create the pod with that new volume.
I followed the following steps -
- Set the allowVolumeExpansion field to true in their StorageClass object(s)
- Scaled ElasticSearch Operator Deployment to 0 Replicas.
- Deleted the statefulset Object without deleting the pods using
kubectl delete sts <statefulset-name> --cascade=orphan
Before deleting I saved the yaml of the statefulset using
kubectl get sts <statefulset-name> -o yaml
- Increased the storage in capacity in the yaml file of PVC.
- Recreated the StatefulSet with the new storage request by the yaml file I saved using
kubectl apply -f file-name.yml
- Scaled back the operator deployment to 1
But, when I recreated the stateful set, the
CrashLoopBackOff error is being shown every-time.
Following are some logs -
- readiness probe failed
- Likely root cause: java.io.IOException: No space left on device
- using  data paths, mounts [[/usr/share/elasticsearch/data (/dev/sdb)]], net usable_space [0b], net total_space [975.8mb], types [ext4]
What I can infer from these logs is that storage capacity of the PV has not increased. But the yaml of the same is showing changes. Can anyone guide me here, what I am missing here ?