GMSA | Windows Authentication

I need to setup a windows authentication in Kubernetes. And to configure GMSA in K8s for pods and containers in windows, I came across this link:-
https://kubernetes.io/docs/tasks/configure-pod-container/configure-gmsa/

This documentation has a step which confirms to “ Install Webhooks to validate GMSA users ”. To follow this step a linux/unix script is asked to execute which generates certificates, private key and other values and substitue in YAML file which is further executed on a Kubernetes cluster. As mentioned in a screenshot below (part of mentioned link)

Now I have a Kubectl client installed on Windows machine and even all images created and deployed on windows container running on windows server 2019 only.

Now I have a Kubectl client installed on Windows machine and even all images created and deployed on windows container running on windows server 2019 only.

I cannot execute this unix/linux script to create Webhook from windows machine. Is there any other way to achieve this step. This documentation is good to have when windows images are deployed in linux containers but in my case host and containers both are windows only.

Any guidance to achieve windows authentication in K8s would be appreciated.

Thanks

It’s possible to run the Linux version of kubectl, bash, and the script using wsl. Is that an option for your setup?

Thanks Patrick for your recommendation, I used Cygwin to make it work.

@Tarun_Narang did you managed to get WMI part working within k8s pod ?
Could you please share your inputs, I’m kind of stuck on similar issue.

I am new, not sure where to post this but it sounds similiar to the original poster here. I am trying to figure out how to get a azure based kubernetes function app to authenticate with our on premise windows IIS server, preferably using windows authentication. The kubernetes cluster can “see” the on prem server via a azure express route. How can I make this work?