Help with Apache in Kubernetes

Asking for help? Comment out what you need so we can get more information to help you!

Cluster information:

Kubernetes version:
Cloud being used: bare metal
Installation method: Command Line
Host OS: Linux Ubuntu
CNI and version:
CRI and version:

I just started using Kubenetes with Docker. I have used Docker in the past but not with Kubenetes. I want to do something simple like run Apache in a kubenetes cluster, but have no idea where to go or what to research for help or guidance on how to do it.
Can anyone provide information of how to accomplish my first attempt at a cluster? Thanks.

The Kubernetes website has a section with “Tasks” where there’s a step by step on how to create a Deployment with Nginx that you may adapt to deploy Apache: Run a Stateless Application Using a Deployment | Kubernetes

Once you’ve deployed Apache in Kubernetes, you may want to access the published webpage from “outside” the cluster; you need to create a Service: Use a Service to Access an Application in a Cluster | Kubernetes

Finally, you may also want to deploy and Ingress controller Set up Ingress on Minikube with the NGINX Ingress Controller | Kubernetes

P.S: There’s also a section “Tutorials” with more “complex” examples: Tutorials | Kubernetes

Best regards,

Xavi

Xavi,

Many thanks, exactly what I was looking for. Happy New Year.