How can I implement a global, centralized stable UUID for error tracking in a microservices architecture?

How can I implement a global, centralized stable UUID for error tracking in a microservices architecture?

I want to centralize the generation of a stable UUID for the entire system that can be used as a correlation ID. This UUID would need to be unique and consistent across all services and error reports.

1. I need a method to pre-generate a UUID that can be used by all services within a microservices architecture, including database services.
  2. When an error is fixed, the UUID should be sent back to the originating server for update and regeneration purposes.
  3. UUIDs should not be generated at the time of error detection to avoid multiple UUIDs for the same error.
  4. I’m looking to implement a UUID for each transaction across my microservices, which every service need to apply a layer(I guess ?), but I’m unsure how to include managed services like RDS or network services like NGINX in this pattern.
  5. These services do not allow me to customize error handling to the same extent as my application services, making it difficult to map errors to the pre-generated UUIDs.
  6. I’m looking for a strategy to ensure these external services can be included in our centralized error tracking system.

I spent for a long time to try to figure it out , I try to use Snowflake, but it looks it is a totally different approaches then what I expect , anyone can give me some suggestions , thanks for every help from you .