Ingress Controller for Windows worker nodes

Hi

I have completed a Kubernetes cluster setup with 1 control plane (RHEL) and 2 Windows worker nodes (WS 2019) in an On premise environment.

I need to install INGRESS controller for Windows worker nodes, Can you please suggest which ingress controller supports windows worker nodes and few references.

I tried to install NGNIX Ingress controller but ingress controller pods are failing as worker nodes are not linux OS

Tried with Kubernetes Ingress controller and ingress pods are failing with below error.

Warning FailedCreatePodSandBox 6m3s kubelet, win-3hkuqbqplqj Failed to create pod sandbox: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = failed to start sandbox container for pod “ingress-nginx-admission-patch-5p779”: Error response from daemon: container 437a25d05b67081af2936e756abd5ee89b56870a35870fbeb81d202d2c5e8528 encountered an error during hcsshim::System::CreateProcess: failure in a Windows system call: The user name or password is incorrect. (0x52e) extra info: {“CommandLine”:“cmd /S /C “cmd /c ping -t localhost””,“User”:“2000”,“WorkingDirectory”:“C:\”,“CreateStdInPipe”:true,“CreateStdOutPipe”:true,“CreateStdErrPipe”:true,“ConsoleSize”:[0,0]}

Thanks
Venky

I ran in to this same thing!!!

You can still use nginx. But you need to do a node selector. Example if you install with helm, in the values.yaml.

make sure you put in the nodeSelector: annotation to specify to deploy nginx stuff ONLY on the linux nodes.

nodeSelector: {
    kubernetes.io/os: linux
  }

I have had to do that with a number of things, grafana, elastic, kibana, cert-manager, nginx.

You can try to use traefik as Ingress Controller. It also available for Windows.