Ingress Network Policy

I have created two node cluster, 1 master(10.13.2.65) , 1 minion(10.13.2.66) , and run nginx app as a pod , now I have applied the ingress network policy to allow the traffic from 10.13.2.64 mentioned below

apiVersion: networking.k8s.io/v1
kind: NetworkPolicy
metadata:
name: ingress-policy
spec:
podSelector:
matchLabels:
app: my-app
policyTypes:
- Ingress
ingress:
- ipBlock:
cidr: 10.13.2.64/32 # Allow traffic from a specific CIDR range

Problem : When I tried to access the application from 10.13.2.64 via master IP like curl 10.13.2.65:30838 it does not allow but when I try to access directly by minion IP it is accessible 10.13.2.66:30838, Ideally It should work via master as well , Please let me know I need configure anything or missing something

Cluster information:

Kubernetes version: v1.24.8
Cloud being used: (put bare-metal if not on a public cloud) Virtual machines
Installation method:
Host OS: ubunto
CNI and version: Calico - cniVersion": "0.3.1
CRI and version: docker://24.0.5

By default any ingress and egress are allowed. So it seems you just blocked the ingress from .64, but I don’t understand what’s wrong in your yaml.

Try to disable all ingress :

metadata:
  name: default-deny-ingress
spec:
  podSelector: {}
  policyTypes:
  - Ingress

and then allow something (don’t you need egress too to get the result of the curl ?) :

Try to add a namespace to be sure (your my-app is in the default ns ?)

metadata:
  name: ingress-policy
  namespace: something
spec:
  podSelector:
    matchLabels:
      app: my-app
  policyTypes:
    - Ingress
    - Egress
  ingress:
        - ipBlock:
            cidr: 10.13.2.64/32
  egress:
    - to:
        - ipBlock:
            cidr: 10.13.2.64/32

Yea , By default everything is allowed , I have created policy to just allow 10.13.2.64 . if I am not giving rule in egress then it will allow for all ,so I should get the result of the curl

When I apply this policy, It get applied and I can see in kubectl get networkpolicy , but the problem I am facing is when I am trying to curl from 10.13.2.64 to master IP then it is not working but when I am using minion IP it is working as expected .

Does master remove the source IP when it is sending to minion .Do we have any configuration where we can retain the source IP.