Metrics for Disk IOPs

I am using prometheus to scrape the container related metrics from cadvisor. Would like to know, if there are any metrics available to get the details of disk IOPS?

I can see that cadvisor is providing metrics " container_fs_writes_bytes_total and " container_fs_reads_bytes_total for showing the cumulative count of bytes written and read. But, I am looking for a metrics which provide the the disk read and write IOPS or if there is anyway to calculate the read and write IOPS using the current metrics. Please advice.

Thanks,

Cluster information:

Kubernetes version:
Cloud being used: (put bare-metal if not on a public cloud)
Installation method:
Host OS:
CNI and version:
CRI and version:

You can format your yaml by highlighting it and pressing Ctrl-Shift-C, it will make your output easier to read.

(sum by (kubernetes_node) (rate(node_disk_read_bytes_total[5m]))) if using node exporter

2 Likes

Thanks @data-smith,

But, I am confused a little bit about whether I should use “rate(node_disk_reads_completed_total[5m])” or “rate(node_disk_read_bytes_total[5m])”.

I think the “rate(node_disk_read_bytes_total[5m])” is providing the total number of bytes read per second instead of total number of read operations per second. Can you please confirm that one too?

Thanks.