"Microk8s is not running" after reinstall

I just uninstalled and reinstalled microk8s 1.20 but it doesn’t look like I was able to get everything back to a fresh state.

$ sudo snap remove microk8s --purge
microk8s removed
$ sudo snap install microk8s --channel=1.20 --classic
microk8s (1.20/stable) v1.20.0 from Canonical✓ installed
$ microk8s.start
Started.
$ microk8s.status
microk8s is not running. Use microk8s inspect for a deeper inspection.

I also tried the 1.19 channel and got the same result. My next bet is wiping the disk and starting over, but I wanted to check if I had any other options.

Hi, it takes some bit of time to get the cluster into running state. Do you have the inspect tarball that you can upload here?
Thanks

Is there any update on the issue ?
I am also facing the same issue.

If needed i can upload the tarball.

I was seeing the same thing, and took a shot at trying to enable some addons even though microk8s status wasn’t returning that it was running. When I tried to enable the addons I got a traceback that started helping me out:

$ microk8s enable ingress metallb:10.64.140.43-10.64.140.49 rbac storage dns
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/snap/microk8s/3202/scripts/wrappers/enable.py", line 43, in <module>
    enable(prog_name="microk8s enable")
  File "/snap/microk8s/3202/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 722, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/snap/microk8s/3202/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 697, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/snap/microk8s/3202/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 895, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/snap/microk8s/3202/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 535, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/snap/microk8s/3202/scripts/wrappers/enable.py", line 36, in enable
    enabled_addons, _ = get_status(get_available_addons(get_current_arch()), True)
  File "/snap/microk8s/3202/scripts/wrappers/status.py", line 157, in get_status
    kube_output = kubectl_get("all")
  File "/snap/microk8s/3202/scripts/wrappers/common/utils.py", line 169, in kubectl_get
    return run("kubectl", kubeconfig, "get", cmd, "--all-namespaces", die=False)
  File "/snap/microk8s/3202/scripts/wrappers/common/utils.py", line 39, in run
    result.check_returncode()
  File "/snap/microk8s/3202/usr/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 389, in check_returncode
    self.stderr)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '('kubectl', '--kubeconfig=/var/snap/microk8s/3202/credentials/client.config', 'get', 'all', '--all-namespaces')' returned non-zero exit status 1.

I decided to run the kubectl command manually and got:

$ kubectl --kubeconfig=/var/snap/microk8s/3202/credentials/client.config get all --all-namespaces
NAMESPACE     NAME                                          READY   STATUS    RESTARTS   AGE
kube-system   pod/calico-node-jxcdm                         1/1     Running   0          13m
kube-system   pod/calico-kube-controllers-f7868dd95-mx8dz   1/1     Running   0          13m

NAMESPACE   NAME                 TYPE        CLUSTER-IP     EXTERNAL-IP   PORT(S)   AGE
default     service/kubernetes   ClusterIP   10.152.183.1   <none>        443/TCP   13m

NAMESPACE     NAME                         DESIRED   CURRENT   READY   UP-TO-DATE   AVAILABLE   NODE SELECTOR            AGE
kube-system   daemonset.apps/calico-node   1         1         1       1            1           kubernetes.io/os=linux   13m

NAMESPACE     NAME                                      READY   UP-TO-DATE   AVAILABLE   AGE
kube-system   deployment.apps/calico-kube-controllers   1/1     1            1           13m

NAMESPACE     NAME                                                DESIRED   CURRENT   READY   AGE
kube-system   replicaset.apps/calico-kube-controllers-f7868dd95   1         1         1       13m
Error from server (NotFound): Unable to list "autoscaling/v2, Resource=horizontalpodautoscalers": the server could not find the requested resource

Odd… I then tried to run the same command but using the config provided by microk8s config… This didn’t have any errors… I compared the two config files and the only difference was that /var/snap/microk8s/3202/credentials/client.config was using 127.0.0.1 where the one from microk8s config was using the machines IP… I changed client.config to use the machine IP and microk8s status started working.