Nfs volume mount failing

HI,

i am trying to setup an nfs volume mount as a repository location for my elasticsearch, which is running on k8s cluster. i have created an nfs server outside the cluster and i have verified (using openssl s_client -connect) that i am able to connect to sever from the pod

example which i followed
https://docs.openshift.com/enterprise/3.1/install_config/storage_examples/shared_storage.html

I am able to create a pv, pvc. But when i try to use the pvc inside my elasticsearch yaml to mount as volume the pod creation is failing. can somebody pls help ?

Mounting command: systemd-run
Mounting arguments: --description=Kubernetes transient mount for /var/lib/kubelet/pods/4ab5c19d-6b5e-469b-953e-27e35ad9d212/volumes/kubernetes.io~nfs/nfs-pv-1 --scope – mount -t nfs 10.200.200.100:/data/nfshare /var/lib/kubelet/pods/4ab5c19d-6b5e-469b-953e-27e35ad9d212/volumes/kubernetes.io~nfs/nfs-pv-1
Output: Running scope as unit: run-re4478b1fe4d94786aaabee3f8724029d.scope
mount.nfs: Connection timed out

Asking for help? Comment out what you need so we can get more information to help you!

Cluster information:

Kubernetes version: 1.18
Cloud being used: on premise
Installation method: Helm charts
Host OS: Linux
CNI and version:
CRI and version:

You can format your yaml by highlighting it and pressing Ctrl-Shift-C, it will make your output easier to read.