PerisistentVolume error mounting - Legacy app using glusterfs but new hardware has v1.26.10

We had a prior machine setup for our production environment and it was k8v v1.21.10 . We have 2 pods on the system that use persistent volumes over the 4 clusters for access across all clusters as it holds a lot of customer uploads. The current architecture uses glusterfs.

I have a new environment setup for a new client, same baremetal but with a new install the k8v is v1.26.1 . Now I understand glusterfs was deprecated, however I don’t have the time or resources to rearchitect the storage solution as I need to get these boxes out the door.

I have everything on the platform up and running except my 2 stateful sets. Both pods give me the exact same error:

Warning FailedMount 113s (x16534 over 3d6h) kubelet Unable to attach or mount volumes: unmounted volumes=[content-dir], unattached volumes=[content-dir kube-api-access-dkbd7]: failed to get Plugin from volumeSpec for volume “xxxxx-content-content-dir-pv” err=no volume plugin matched

I’ve installed glusterfs via ansible and added all the items to match exactly as the old box has. Except I get this error. Any suggestions? Ways to patch in the plugin for this version until a re-engineering sprint is available?

My PV and PVC’s show up as Bound. Just not sure how to get past this error.

Cluster information:

Kubernetes version: v1.26.1
Cloud being used: bare-metal
Installation method: kubespray (ansible)
Host OS: ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS