Pod has unbound immediate PersistentVolumeClaims. preemption: 0/1 nodes are available: 1 No preemption victims found for incoming pod

I’ve been experimenting with the hack/local_up_cluster.sh and making progress. I am deploying perhaps more non-trival development helm charts now. I am currently deploying a chart and seeing Warning FailedScheduling 20s default-scheduler 0/1 nodes are available : pod has unbound immediate PersistentVolumeClaims. preemption: 0/1 nodes are available: 1 No preemption victims found for incoming pod.. for a pending pod. I thought perhaps I should create a local PV and PVC and it might resolve this. So I created that and then killed the pod but it didn’t resolve the issue upon restart. Might someone suggest what next steps I can take in my learning process?

1 Like

Hi, [Colin_Williams]

Please check the steps below step by step

1. Check Node Availability: Ensure that you have enough available nodes in your cluster. If not, consider adding more nodes.
  2. Resource Limits: Verify that nodes have sufficient resources (CPU, memory) to meet the PVC requirements. Adjust resource limits if needed.
  3. Storage Classes: Confirm that the StorageClasses in your PVCs are available and compatible with your cluster’s storage backend.
  4. Pod Priority and Preemption: If using Pod priority and preemption, ensure correct priority levels and preemption policies.
  5. Node Affinity and Anti-affinity: Check for node affinity or anti-affinity rules that may prevent pod scheduling.
  6. Pod Disruption Budgets: If PodDisruptionBudgets are set, ensure they allow for the eviction of pods necessary for preemption.
  7. Check Logs: Examine scheduler, controller-manager, and kubelet logs for error messages. Review events associated with PVCs and Pods for more details.

Remember to consider your cluster’s specific details and configurations while troubleshooting. If you need more guidance or have specific details about your cluster, feel free to share it .

Thanks. I no longer am testing locally this as it was posted a year ago. But perhaps your suggestion will assist someone else.