Copying a dir. fails

Hi,

In my Dockerfile
When I copy one dir. to image

#COPY /app /app

Kubernetes failed with “Back-off restarting failed container”

Kubernetes does not fail when I cancel copying.

Can you tell me why?
What do you suggest to copy dir. to kubernetes-pod ?

regards

What do you suggest to copy dir. to kubernetes-pod ?

If you need to update the contents of a volume mounted on a container’s pod, you may use init container; init containers will run before the “main” container in the pod, so it can be used to pull data from a repository, or to curl files from a shared server, etc…

If you are trying to build your image in a pod running in Kubernetes, the COPY instruction will try to copy from <container-file-system>/app to <new-image-file-system>/app. Unless you somehow mount the <k8s-node-file-system>/app directory to your <container-file-system>/app, the build process will fail.

Another reason why the pod may be crash-looping is because Kuberntes is trying to mount the <k8s-node-file-system>/app folder where the pod is running to your <container-file-system>/app as a volume in your container’s pod and failing to do so.

containerd, which is the default container runtime in Kubernetes is not able to create container images; maybe you can “divide and conquer”: first, create the container image for your App using Docker; push it to a container registry (as DockerHub or Quay.io) and then run your app in Kubernetes.

Best regards,

Xavi

The dockerfile you mention is the one you used to create the container which is crashing?