Hacktoberfest coming up!

If you’ve been ignoring your calendar: October is close and so is Hacktoberfest 2018!

The idea behind it is that new contributors are getting to take a look at and get to know some Open Source projects. If they manage to contribute five PRs in the entire month, they are going to get a free Hacktoberfest t-shirt.

In some parts of the world, they are going to be local hackathons during the time. The less fortunate will have to make do by just talking to project maintainers online.

This is a great opportunity for projects and contributors alike!

In this thread, I thought it’d be great if everyone in the wider Kubernetes community who prepared something for Hacktoberfest to share what they’ve got. No matter if it’s a meetup, or a curated issue list or anything else you’ve been working on. This should be a nice resource we can all point to. I guess we can all learn from each other on this as well.

Looking forward to Hacktober!

3 Likes

Weaveworks (and the projects we started) are participating in Hacktoberfest as well. In particular the teams around Weave Scope and Weave Flux each put together a how-to guide and a curated list of issues particularly suited for new contributors.

If you’re looking for a little fun in October and want to join the team, check out the following links.

I am looking forward to get to know new contributors and see what folks come up with and generally are interested in! Hit me up if you get stuck anywhere.

3 Likes

I’ve worked on a report that finds all the broken links in the k/community repo if someone wants to work on it for hacktoberfest:

These are relatively easy to fix!

1 Like

The eksctl team also joined Hacktoberfest. There are a number of issues to be picked up there as well!

Thanks @errordeveloper for organising this!

And the Weave Net team just added a few nice Hacktoberfest issues as well:

Thanks Martynas for setting things up!