Microk8s: after reboot I have "FAIL: Service snap.microk8s.daemon-kubelet is not running"

Hi all,

after a reboot I have “FAIL: Service snap.microk8s.daemon-kubelet is not running” error.

How can I start snap.microk8s.daemon-kubelet ?

Is it safe, or this indicate some kind of problem?

Inspect says:

sysop@hoseplavm:~$ microk8s.inspect
[sudo] password di sysop: 
Inspecting services
Service snap.microk8s.daemon-containerd is running
Service snap.microk8s.daemon-apiserver is running
Service snap.microk8s.daemon-proxy is running
FAIL:  Service snap.microk8s.daemon-kubelet is not running
For more details look at: sudo journalctl -u snap.microk8s.daemon-kubelet
Service snap.microk8s.daemon-scheduler is running
Service snap.microk8s.daemon-controller-manager is running
Service snap.microk8s.daemon-etcd is running
Copy service arguments to the final report tarball
Inspecting AppArmor configuration
Gathering system info
Copy network configuration to the final report tarball
Copy processes list to the final report tarball
Copy snap list to the final report tarball                                                                                                                         
Inspect kubernetes cluster                                                                                                                                         

Building the report tarball
Report tarball is at /var/snap/microk8s/608/inspection-report-20190606_123226.tar.gz
sysop@hoseplavm:~$ 

Snap says:

sysop@hoseplavm:~$ sudo snap list
Name      Version  Rev    Tracking  Publisher   Notes
core      16-2.39  6964   stable    canonical✓  core
lxd       3.13     10756  stable    canonical✓  -
microk8s  v1.14.2  608    stable    canonical✓  classic
sysop@hoseplavm:~$

Os ia Kubuntu 18.04

Hi @Mirto. The kubelet service should be running. Could you share the tarball produced by microk8s.inspect. I am interested to see what went wrong with kubelet. Anything obvious in sudo journalctl -u snap.microk8s.daemon-kubelet?

Hi @kjackal. How can I share/attach the report?

Good question. Perhaps @castrojo can give us some hints. It might not be allowed.

Until we figure out this, could you open an issue here: https://github.com/ubuntu/microk8s/issues and attach the tarball? Thank you.

Ok.

I opened issue 496

Thanks

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted, yea we can’t really do attachments here, github’s probably a better place for that, good luck @Mirto, hope you get your issue resolved!