MicroK8s is a Kubernetes cluster delivered as a single snap package - it can be installed on any Linux distribution which supports snaps, as well as macOS and Windows. With a quick install, easy upgrades and great security, MicroK8s is perfect for micro clouds and edge computing. Try it on your laptop!
snap install microk8s --classic --channel=1.24/stable
Most important updates since the last release:
Kubernetes core services
- The control plane will not start automatically in low memory systems (less than 512MB of RAM)
- Hostname resolution is now checked when nodes join a cluster
microk8a add-nodecommand now has optional yaml or json output
- Updated LXD profile to work on the latest OS releases. Thank you @caleblloyd
- Mayastor HA-storage option available with
microk8s enable mayastor
microk8s resetrefactored with improved output
- Allow repositories with addons to be added at runtime
- Addons can now be edited before they are enabled
- Helm upgraded to v3.8.0, thank you @balchua
- KEDA upgraded to v2.6.0, thanks to @balchua
- Dashboard upgraded to v2.3.0, thank you @hryyan
- Traefik updated to v2.5, thank you @miro-balaz
- Install traefik via Helm, thank you @balasu
- Install portainer via Helm, thank you @balasu
- Updated hostpath-provisioner version. Please
microk8s disable hostpath-storageand
microk8s enable hostpath-storageif you run an old version of the hostpath provisioner.
- Remove reliance on selfLink, which has been removed for Kubernetes 1.24+, thank you @chris-hamper
- Fix non-root containers being unable to write to volumes
- Ensure NodeAffinity rules are set for all PersistentVolumes
- Support for s390x architecture
- The Kubeflow and Juju addons have been removed. To install Kubeflow on MicroK8s, please see the Charmed Kubeflow docs.
- The Ambassador addon has been removed.
- New addon: ArgoCD. Try it with
microk8s enable community; microk8s enable argocd. Thank you @dirien
- New addon: StarBoard. Try it with
microk8s enable community; microk8s enable starboard. Thank you @AnaisUrlichs
Users following the latest stable MicroK8s track will be automatically upgraded to v1.24 in the next few days. Those who want to upgrade their existing clusters can follow the instructions in our docs.
Note: In this release selfLink is removed from upstream Kubernetes, therefore if you run an old hostpath-provisioner (version 1.0.0) its pod will start crashlooping. If this is the case please reenable the hostpath-storage addon with
microk8s disable hostpath-storage and
microk8s enable hostpath-storage. When disabling the addon you will be asked if you want to keep the already provisioned persistence volume claims.
For more information on MicroK8s consult the official docs, and to contribute to the project, check out the repo at GitHub - canonical/microk8s: MicroK8s is a small, fast, single-package Kubernetes for developers, IoT and edge., or chat with us on the Kubernetes Slack, in the #microk8s channel!