MicroK8s is a Kubernetes cluster delivered as a single snap package - it can be installed on any Linux distribution which supports snaps, as well as macOS and Windows 10. With a quick install, easy upgrades, and great security Microk8s is perfect for micro clouds and edge computing. Try it on your laptop!
snap install microk8s --classic --channel=1.20/stable
Most important updates since the last release:
- Kubeflow updated to v1.1
- Make MicroK8s failure domain aware
- Addons can now use
- New addon: KEDA. Thank you @balchua
- New addon: Portainer. Many thanks @balasu
- Try out Traefik v2.3 ingress with
microk8s enable traefik. Thanks @balasu
- Prometheus monitoring available for ARM64, thank you @balchua
- Linkerd updated to v2.9.0 and available for ARM64, thank you @balchua
- Ingress updated to v0.35.0, thank you @balchua
- Cilum updated to v1.8.3, thank you @balchua and @joestringer
- Juju updated to 2.8
- Option to set forward DNS servers when enabling DNS. Thank you @RiyaJohn
microk8s inspect, thank you @bowers
- fix race condition in setting the registry configmap, thank you @nicks
Users following the latest stable MicroK8s track will be automatically upgraded to 1.20 in the next couple of days.
For more information on MicroK8s consult the official docs, and to contribute to the project, check out the repo at https://github.com/ubuntu/microk8s, or chat with us on the Kubernetes Slack, in the #microk8s channel!