MicroK8s is a Kubernetes cluster delivered as a single snap package - it can be installed on any Linux distribution which supports snaps. MicroK8s is small and simple to install and is a great way to stand up a cluster quickly for development and testing. Try it on your laptop!
snap install microk8s --classic
Most important updates since the last release:
- Clustering - MicroK8s nodes can be joined to create a multi-node cluster, see this post if you want to try it.
- New Cilium addon courtesy of @joestringer. Try it with
- New Helm addon courtesy of @joestringer. Try it with
- RBAC rules for CoreDNS and storage add ons, courtesy of @wichert.
- Istio upgraded to v1.2.2 and now includes kiali
- Knative upgraded to v0.9.0
- Enabling of aggregation layer and fix on metrics server RBAC rules, thank you @giner
microk8s.resethas now an option to free the disk space reserved by storage volumes. Thank you @rzr
- Ingress updated to v0.25.1, thank you @balchua
- Improvements in the inspection script, thanks @giorgos-apo
- Dashboard upgraded to 2.0.0 beta4
For more information on MicroK8s consult the official docs, and to contribute to the project, check out the repo at https://github.com/ubuntu/microk8s, or chat with us on the Kubernetes Slack, in the #microk8s channel!