MicroK8s is a Kubernetes cluster delivered as a single snap package - it can be installed on any Linux distribution which supports snaps. MicroK8s is small and simple to install and is a great way to stand up a cluster quickly for development and testing. Try it on your laptop!
snap install microk8s --classic
Most important updates since the last release:
- RBAC support via a simple “microk8s.enable rbac”, courtesy of @magne.
- Update of the dashboard to 1.10.1 and fixes for RBAC. Thank you @balchua.
- Knative addon, try it with “microk8s.enable knative”. Thank you @olatheander for your contribution.
- CoreDNS is now the default. Thanks @richardcase for driving this.
- Ingress updated to 0.24.1 by @JorritSalverda, thank you.
- Fix on socat failing on Fedora by @JimPatterson, thanks.
- Modifiable CSR server certificate, courtesy of @balchua.
- Use of iptables kubeproxy mode by default.
- User guide moved out of GitHub to microk8s.io.
- Instructions on how to run Cilium on MicroK8s by @joestringer.
For more information on MicroK8s consult the official docs, and to contribute to the project, check out the repo at https://github.com/ubuntu/microk8s, or chat with us on the Kubernetes Slack, in the #microk8s channel!