Minikube fails to create PVCs

Cluster information:

Kubernetes version: Minikube 1.10.1
Cloud being used: (put bare-metal if not on a public cloud): bare-metal
Installation method: helm
Host OS: ubuntu 18.04

Hi,

I’m running into an issue with persistent volume claim creation on a minikube. The problem appears to be that the watcher (I’m very new to all of this, so I apologize if I’m not getting all of the terminology correct) is getting an error parsing some JSON data that appears to be defining the PVCs. The error is coming from the external-storage package from r2d4. It says: “Failed to list *v1.PersistenVolumeClaim” and then a character position in a long JSON string. Due to the error in one of the items, none of the PVCs, there are several, get created.

Since I’m new to all of this my question is: If my understanding is correct, the helm chart has a template that defines the PVCs that need to be created. What is the process by which that template is translated into the JSON? Is there some sort of documentation or video that explains how the template becomes the JSON?

I figure if I can duplicate that process and run it against the template I can potentially see what is wrong with the template. That may, or may not depending on what I find, help me figure out how to fix this.

Thanks,

Rob