Need to create static ip on egress

I need to assign a static ip on an egress gateway for out bound traffic, so that my third party can whitelist the static ip address to allow incoming traffic from my cluster. I am using KOPS in AWS. I might need to use a NAT Gateway too but I am not sure what is the best way to go and I need some advice. How do I define all outbound traffic uses either the egress or NAT Gateway, so that the third party sees the ip address associated with the traffic leaving my cluster. Thanks for helping.

Asking for help? Comment out what you need so we can get more information to help you!

Cluster information:

Kubernetes version:
Cloud being used: (put bare-metal if not on a public cloud)
Installation method:
Host OS:
CNI and version:
CRI and version:

You can format your yaml by highlighting it and pressing Ctrl-Shift-C, it will make your output easier to read.

1 Like

Hi, same question, but in Azure, via Azure Standard Load Balancer.
Can this be done via some NGINX configuration :thinking: ?

calico and flannel do not support this function. And there are no good open source projects available. So we plan to make one, the current scheme has been verified, we will finish the development in two or three months, then we will open source, happy to use!

Hi,
Calico supports static IP/CIDRs with egress gateway or you can enable natoutgoing in your ippool and allow third party tools to use this information when traffic is leaving the cluster. See more here Configure egress gateways, on-premises | Calico Documentation. You can also visit the Project Calico slack community https://slack.projectcalico.org/ or GitHub GitHub - projectcalico/calico: Cloud native networking and network security