Provide Helm Install flags using client.go

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I wanted to ask this question in slack group but invites are currently down (maybe someone can send me invite or I can ask on another channel? I’m quite new to slack so don’t know how this plays along :blush: ) and I was redirected here by http://slack.k8s.io/

Also, I’m not sure if this is the correct category to ask this question so someone can maybe help to get the post redirected (if needed).

Anyways, I’m creating a small orchestration tool in Go which includes K8s and Helm. This tool makes use of helm/client.go to perform helm install. In my install I need to support several flags, including –values, --set and -f (users provide it from different sources so can’t modify the logic on user end). I’ve noticed that InstallRelease() function doesn’t allow me to separately specify –values and –set/-f combinations as command line usually does. The method allows me to specify InstallOption.ValueOverrides(data), where I need to manually merge the above flag values in order to create the data parameter. As I would prefer not to do this, I checked the install.go file (this one is executed via helm command line) and it has functions called vals() and mergeFlags(). Unfortunately, these are private so can’t use them to assemble the data above.

Therefore, I’m stuck on both ends and can’t do anything neat (without actually hacking it)

Can someone maybe help with this issue or provide suggestion?

Thanks,
Ante

I can’t help with your main question, but Slack SHOULD be back to general availability soon :slight_smile: (As in early this week). The other good way to reach out to the Helm folk is to post to their mailing list.

Thank you for fast response. :slight_smile: I’ve sent the mail to provided mailing list.

Ante