Hello, I am planning on deploying Kubernetes cluster on to our vsphere environment using Kubespray.
I have not deployed yet and I am currently in the process of architecting the network.
Due to the type of business I am in, I need isolation between networks and I have created 3 VLANs for this purpose.
- VLAN100 (public, internet access)
- purpose : use to serve containers that are consumer facing (i.e. web frontend, api frontend)
- Internet is allowed (both IN/OUT) and can map external public IP address to computers in this VLAN
- VLAN101 (private, no internet access)
- purpose : database. computer’s in VLAN100 (i.e. frontend) can get data from VLAN101.
- No internet is allowed
- VLAN102 (private, no internet access)
- purpose : management - use to serve all management related (i.e. puppet server, backup solution, etc…)
- No internet is allowed. VLAN100 and VLAN101 can talk to VLAN102
In this case, where should I put Kubernetes-Master and Nodes? Does external traffic goes directly to Nodes? or Master?
Thank you very much