Can I upgrade directly from 1.22 to 1.24 kubeadm cluster?

I have production and test clusters that are running Kubernetes 1.22, and I received a task to upgrade them to 1.24, now I see that the repository with versions older than 1.24 is removed. Can I skip the 1.23 version?

[root@master-node ~]# kubeadm upgrade plan v1.24.0
[upgrade/config] Making sure the configuration is correct:
[upgrade/config] Reading configuration from the cluster…
[upgrade/config] FYI: You can look at this config file with ‘kubectl -n kube-system get cm kubeadm-config -o yaml’
[upgrade/config] FATAL: this version of kubeadm only supports deploying clusters with the control plane version >= 1.23.0. Current version: v1.22.0
To see the stack trace of this error execute with --v=5 or higher

According to this skew policy it says one minor version between the controller, scheduler and the api server.

kube-controller-manager, kube-scheduler, and cloud-controller-manager

kube-controller-manager, kube-scheduler, and cloud-controller-manager must not be newer than the kube-apiserver instances they communicate with. They are expected to match the kube-apiserver minor version, but may be up to one minor version older (to allow live upgrades).

Can someone give me advice how to upgrade this clusters?

Hi,
AFAIK you can upgrade kube-proxy and kubelet to +2 version. However you cannot perform desired upgrade flow. You need to upgrade to 1.23 first.

Is there a way I can upgrade to 1.23, as I now this version is removed from the repository?

you can still upgrade, all the binaries are available- just the legacy packages are gone. see the instructions on installing without a package manager: