Installing Bitnami Magento chart

Hi ,

I’m learning kubernetes, I have successfully deployed a simulated bare metal cluster composed of one control plane and two worker nodes using vms.

Now I’m trying to install the Magento Bitnani chart @

I’m launching the chart using

helm install my-release
–set magentoUsername=admin,magentoPassword=password,mariadb.auth.rootPassword=secretpassword,service.ports.http=8090,service.ports.https=4430,service.type=NodePort,persistence.existingClaim=nfs-share,mariadb.primary.persistence.existingClaim=nfs-share-2,elasticsearch.enabled=false,image.debug=true
oci://registry-1.docker.io/bitnamicharts/magento

and here are the results

NOTES:
CHART NAME: magento
CHART VERSION: 22.1.2
APP VERSION: 2.4.6

** Please be patient while the chart is being deployed **###############################################################################

ERROR: You did not provide an external host in your ‘helm install’ call

###############################################################################

This deployment will be incomplete until you configure Magento with a resolvable
host. To configure Magento with the URL of your service:

1. Get the Magento URL by running:

export APP_PORT=$(kubectl get svc --namespace default my-release-magento -o jsonpath=“{.spec.ports[0].nodePort}”)
export APP_HOST=$(kubectl get nodes --namespace default -o jsonpath=“{.items[0].status.addresses[0].address}”)
export APP_DATABASE_PASSWORD=$(kubectl get secret --namespace default my-release-mariadb -o jsonpath=“{.data.mariadb-password}” | base64 -d)

1. Complete your Magento deployment by running:

helm upgrade --namespace default my-release oci://registry-1.docker.io/bitnamicharts/magento
–set magentoHost=$APP_HOST,magentoPassword=$APP_PASSWORD,mariadb.auth.rootPassword=$DATABASE_ROOT_PASSWORD,mariadb.auth.password=$APP_DATABASE_PASSWORD

Beside the fact that is not clear to me what parameter I’m missing to resolve the warning message point is that if I ask about running pods I just see the database instance

NAME READY STATUS RESTARTS AGE
my-release-mariadb-0 1/1 Running 0 2m12s

and I was under the impression that the chart should deploy also a my-release-magento-0 pod (or similar name) with the web server.

Am I getting something wrong? How can I debug this?

Thank you for any help

Alessio

fixed: magentoHost=hostname was needed in the install command

1 Like