Packt has recently published a new book Kubernetes for Developers by Jan Stomphorst.
This course will give you detailed instructions, real-world examples, and helpful advice. We will begin by learning to set up the development environment on your local machine. Then move on to package your code into Kubernetes, and manage container lifecycles. Once you get a grip in understanding the RBAC Authorization, very easily explore the monitoring techniques with Prometheus and troubleshoot your service account. Finally you will learn to create a cluster in your Google Cloud Environment and deploy your application in production.
By the end of this video, you will develop, run, test, and deploy your application in the cloud, utilizing the power of Kubernetes to its full potential.
Please find all the code and support files at the following GitHub repository: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Kubernetes-for-Developers-V-
Style and Approach
A complete course packed with step-by-step instructions, working examples, and helpful advice. This course is clearly divided into small parts: Creating a docker container; Creating a Kubernetes system; and deploying applications in Kubernetes.
What You Will Learn
- Create a container from your existing source code, and make your application ready to run on any Kubernetes-supported Cloud.
- Make your Application safe and secure while running in a Cloud Environment.
- Learn to write cloud-native applications that can run anywhere.
- Learn how to troubleshoot your application deployment on Kubernetes.
- Create a continuous delivery pipeline with the power of Kubernetes.
- Monitor your Docker applications
- Handle arguments/secrets and configuration values flexibly
- Deploy and test your applications on on-premise and production GCE environments.
Jan Stomphorst is a senior solution architect with more than 20 years’ experience in the automation industry; he creates the best solutions for his customers. He uses advanced technical solutions to help developers create stable continuous pipelines and develop systems for 100% uptime. He is a Docker and Kubernetes expert. He supports several customers with on-premise and in-the-cloud Kubernetes strategies.