MicroK8s is a kubernetes cluster delivered as a single snap package, and can be installed on any Linux distribution supported by snaps (https://snapcraft.io/microk8s). MicroK8s is small and simple to install, and is a great way to stand up a cluster quickly for development and testing. Try it on your laptop!
snap install microk8s --classic
Alternatively, set the channel to install a specific upstream release series:
snap install microk8s --classic --channel=1.13/stable
1.13 Release Changelog
- Kubernetes v1.13, you already know that
- New site! Check it out at https://microk8s.io
- ARM64 support!
microk8s.stopcommands allow you to easily enable and disable microk8s.
microk8s.statusgives you an overview of the current status.
- We now detect host IP changes. You can now use MicroK8s on your laptop without the need to restart it whenever you switch networks.
- MicroK8s is now a CNCF certified Kubernetes. Certification was for v1.12; v1.13 will follow shortly.
- Enable digitalSignature key usage for CA (thanks lhotari).
- Pod eviction limit due to memory shortage decreased to 100MB.