MicroK8s is a Kubernetes cluster delivered as a single snap package - it can be installed on any Linux distribution which supports snaps. MicroK8s is small and simple to install and is a great way to stand up a cluster quickly for development and testing. Try it on your laptop!
snap install microk8s --classic
1.14 Release Changelog
- Containerd replaced dockerd. Thanks to waquidvp for keeping up with the containerd and runc updates.
- The Ingress controller got updated to v0.22.0 (thanks to khteh) and is now using
- Istio addon now deploys Istio v1.0.5.
microk8s.resetnow deletes CRDs. Thank you miguelgarcia.
- Improved security of exposed ports and services.
- Three new addons are available since the last release anouncement:
- Jaeger, available with: microk8s.enable jaeger
- Fluentd, try it with: microk8s.enable fluentd
- Prometheus, enable it with: microk8s.enable prometheus
- Installation on Arch Linux now correctly detects the machine architecture.
- kubectl now uses a secure kubeconfig found in a configurable location.
For more information on MicroK8s consult the official docs, and to contribute to the project, check out the repo at https://github.com/ubuntu/microk8s, or chat with us on the Kubernetes Slack, in the #microk8s channel!